Need a room? We can help.
Sunset has a number of rooms for rent. Each room accommodates a different number of people and is priced accordingly.
All rooms in our centre are easily accessible and well lit by natural lighting. Whether it’s for a business meeting, family get together or to play sports in the gym with a group of friends, we have the perfect space to accommodate you!
Steps to Rent a Room
- Check for room availability .
- If you have not yet come to see the room, we recommend that you come view the facilities prior to creating a reservation. Please call our reception desk at 604-718-6505 to enquire when a space may be vacant to view.
- Once you have viewed the space, you can put in a formal room request . Note: Online requests can only be made within 7-60 days from the event date. For any dates more than 60 days away, please call 604-718-8269 or email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Rental Coordinator will contact you within 3-5 business days to let you know if your request has been approved or denied. Please do not make a payment until you receive an email saying your request has been approved.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or call 604-718-8269.
Sunset Community Centre
|Room||Capacity||Dimension (approx.)||Square Footage||Operating Hours Hourly Rate |
|After Operating Hours Hourly Rate |
Moberly Arts & Cultural Centre
The Moberly Arts & Cultural Centre (MACC) is a community arts hub on the southwest corner of Moberly Park. MACC supports artists, and arts and cultural groups to realize their projects in a space which boasts a professional sprung dance floor, stadium seating and experienced technicians. Artists or arts & cultural groups are welcome to rent our theatre space. For further information on creative partnerships and community engagement call the Arts Programmer at 604-718-6521.
|Fri, Sat + Holidays||120||50×32||1600||$65+ gst||$90+ gst|
|Sun-Thurs||120||50×32||1600||$55+ gst||$80+ gst|
|SOCAN + Resound||Music royalty fees will apply to all user groups that choose to play music. For more information, please see: www.socan.ca, www.resound.ca||$45.01 no dancing |
$90.09 for dancing
|Damage Deposit||For all functions a refundable damage deposit fee will be collected at time of booking.||$200.00|
|Staffing||Number of staff depends on activity, scope and size of rental.||Moberly Tech Fee||$35.00|
|Number of staff depends on activity, scope and size of rental.||$25.00|
|Insurance||Liability Insurance is required for sports, dance or any higher risk activities such as large events. Insurance is purchased from an external source. For more information, |
please see: www.eventpolicy.ca
- Rental groups are responsible for their own set up and clean up – Set-up and clean-up must take place within the time booked on your Rental Agreement.
- Access to the room will only be permitted within the rented time – Avoid arriving too early or staying too late or you risk being charged double the hourly rate and/or forfeiting your deposit. Storing items in the facility before or after your rental is not permitted. If catering, they must be aware of this as well.
- Attendance must not exceed the room’s capacity – If the number of guests exceeds the maximum they will be asked to leave, or the rental may be cancelled.
- The renter is responsible for the behaviour of all guests while on the Sunset Community Centre grounds.
- Room rentals only include the space, tables, and chairs in the room – (Gymnasium rentals have access to nets and posts). No other equipment is provided.
- Solicitation of goods, services, political/religious beliefs and/or collection of money are prohibited.
- No open flames, helium balloons, or confetti are allowed in the building – Flames, for fire hazard reasons; Helium balloons, because they can get stuck in the high ceilings and set off the alarm at night; Confetti, tends to get stuck between the floor and wall boards.
- Only use Green Painter’s Tape for decorations (or an equivalent masking tape), and remove by the end of your rental. Other tapes tend to be more difficult to remove and can damage the walls/windows/paint.
- If you are not managing the event, you must ensure all organizers are aware of the policies.
- The community centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- 5 weeks or more 100% of rental charges
- 4 weeks 75% of rental charges
- 3 weeks 50% of rental charges
- Less than 3 weeks NO REFUND of rental charges ($200 Damage deposit will be returned less rental charges)
- $25.00 administration fee will be applied to all cancellations
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that these rules and policies are for Sunset Community Centre and may not apply at other sites
Q: Can we rent the gym (or any other room) for a few seasons for our community sports group, for example a group of friends who want to play ball hockey weekly?
A: If the group is volunteer run or non-profit then yes you may, however you cannot run a league or program through a rental, especially one that collects fees for participation as that is considered a conflict of interest.
Q: Can I rent a room for next year?
A: Only if it is after business hours. Typically, you cannot book rentals past the current programming season, reason being that centre programs get first priority on space and time. For various reasons they are not programmed that far in advance. Online, you may place rental requests between 7-60 days in advance.
Q: Can I pay cash or debit?
A: Yes you are welcome to pay with cash/debit/cheque/ credit however the damage deposit will be returned as a cheque if you pay it by cash, debit or cheque. This can take several weeks for it to arrive. For example if you choose to pay by cash/cheque/debit for a portion of the fee or damage deposit then it will get returned to you as a cheque, you will not receive cash or credit on your debit account. Credit card is the recommended method of payment.
Q: How much do I have to pay up front, just a deposit?
A: You must make a full balance payment, including the damage deposit, in order to secure the date and time.
Q: Will you automatically refund me the cash/cheque/credit/debit damage deposit?
A: No, it is the responsibility of the renter to call and collect their deposit, including those who paid cash or debit.
Q: Can I get a discount?
A: If you are a non-profit group and can provide the necessary documents as proof, you qualify for 25% discount off the rental rate
Q: I am booking multiple dates can I pay in installments?
A: Yes, we can arrange a payment plan depending on the nature of the rental.
Q: Can I serve alcohol?
A: Yes, but only outside of business hours, and you must obtain a liquor licence and have a Serving It Right certificate, which needs to be submitted to us at least 3 days prior to the rental date.
Q: Can I BBQ?
A: Yes, but only if you meet the following conditions:
- Renting the Hall room, as the BBQ must be on the concrete walkway on the South side of the Hall room
- BBQ can only be operated by the person or people that submitted a valid Food Safe Certificate
- No more than 5 or 6 people are allowed to linger outside. Guests should be asked to go back into the Hall once they get their food.
- To prevent the smoke from entering the building and setting off the fire alarm, be careful not to prop the southern doors open. You may use the door stop to keep it from completely closing and locking behind you, but it cannot be held open for extended periods of time.
- Submitted the appropriate liability insurance at least 3 days prior to the event
Q: Can I have candles?
A: No open flames are permitted. The only exception is birthday cake candles, provided they are monitored at all times.
Q: Can I bring helium balloons (with weights on the bottom)?
A: No, due to the height of our ceilings and alarm sensors we ask that you do not bring any helium balloons into the building. They often get loose and go up to the ceiling causing the alarm system to sound at night, which is a charge to the centre for the alarm company to arrive and reset the alarm system. This charge will be forwarded to the renter. We recommend air-filled balloons as the fine is not worth it.
Q: Can I use the kitchen?
A: Yes, but please note that it is a shared kitchen and that you are not permitted to cook. You can use the oven to heat food but not the stove and absolutely no cooking! The Health Board Regulations allow cooking in commercial kitchens only, we do not have a commercial kitchen. We also recommend labeling your food and drink items, as other groups may not know it belongs to your party.
Q: When do I have to pay a SOCAN/Re:Sound Fee?
A: Anytime you play music, including radio, phone, cd, computer etc. Live music is the only exception.
Q: Why is there a price difference between dancing and not dancing for SOCAN/Re:Sound?
A: Please visit their website www.socan.ca or www.resound.ca for more information
Q: Do you have a projector, sound system, etc?
A: We do not have any audio or visual equipment; renters are welcome to bring their own.
Q: Can I advertise and sell tickets?
A: You cannot book an event at Sunset that is public in nature, it must be a private event. You cannot sell tickets, hold fundraisers, advertise with posters or flyers etc. If you are unsure please feel free to call or email us with questions regarding your event.
Q: Can I sell items or have fair?
A: No type of event is permitted to sell items. No money exchanges can be made during a rental.
Q: Do you set up/clean up the room for us?
A: No, the renter is responsible for setting up and cleaning up the room including removal of garbage within the rented time.
Q: What is included in the rental?
A: The room, and the tables and chairs contained in it.
Q: Do we have table cloths?
A: No, we suggest purchasing plastic table cloths or renting linens.
Q: Are there restrictions for decorating?
A: You can decorate as you like but you must setup and cleanup within your rented time. You may only use green painters tape, no pins, duct tape or other items that will damage the walls, otherwise deductions will be made from damage deposit. Also note no confetti, rice or other similar items.
Q: Can I come a little earlier to set up? Or stay a little later?
A: No, you cannot access the room or store any supplies or items any sooner than your rental time. As there may be a rental or program after yours, it may not be possible to stay later than your rented time either. If you can’t clean up and exit by the end of your rented time, you will be charged at double the rate for the additional time required. Make sure to include set up and clean up time at the time of your booking.
Q: How do you determine if we require an additional rental supervisor?
A: This is at the discretion of the rental coordinator based on the scope and nature of the event.
Q: Is there free parking?
A: Yes, there is parking in the back lot as well as free street parking.
Q: Can I blast my music?
A: Noise bylaws require renters to keep noise below 50 decibels at all times, and below 45 decibels after 10pm. This is out of respect for local residents and other groups that could be using the other rooms at the same time.
Q: Can we use the lounge, hallways areas and other areas of the facility?
A: You are only permitted to use the space in which you have rented, meaning guests are not to wander around the building or use other parts of the facility. Keep in mind that any mess left in the lounge/hallways/washrooms by guests are the renter’s responsibility.
Q: Can we book the gym for a party?
A: No, this space is restricted to fitness/sports type rentals. There is no food or drinks permitted.